tomcat-users mailing list archives

From JNeuhoff <>
Subject Re: Apache mod_jk memory leak?
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:00:12 GMT

> By default apache will use as max number of connections the same value,
> as the max number of threads, so that each thread can get it's own
> connection. By default it will shrink the connection pool down to half
> of the max size. There is a min value you can configure if this doesn't
> fit your needs.

How do I set this min value? Is it the MinSpareThreads directive?

> Yes, the Windows MPM has one observer process and a second one, that
> handles all the requests. If you are really low on server ressources,
> you can shrink you connection pool from 250 (equals number of threads
> you configured) to 200 and set the minimum to something like 10. You
> should also consider a connect_timeout (e.g. 15000) and a
> prepost_timeout (e.g. 10000).

Does mod_jk use 2 threads (2 socket connections) for each HTTPSession in
Tomcat, as seemed to be indicated by the 'netstat -a' listing?

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message