tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Pita" <carlosjosep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploy from ant
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 23:30:22 GMT
I'm currently using WTP just for editing xml and jsp (btw, I would
love that it supported EL autocompletion for the MVC model). OTOH I'm
a bit reluctant to adopt the entire web WTP proyect approach, I prefer
to control my vanilla java project from ant targets. Anyway, regarding
the ant deploy task, I will follow advice from you all and stop
worrying about making sense of what the developer manual suggests in
this respect. I will put my build directory under webapps, or
alternatively a symlink to it, or I will just deploy an xml context
descriptor pointing to my build directory anywhere in the filesystem.
Thank you all.
Cheers,
Carlos