tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Pita" <carlosjosep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploy from ant
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 21:40:59 GMT
> Amen to that :-)  So why not just use the deployment directory as the
> development directory? Edit your JSP, click browser's reload, done.

Yes, of course I thought of that, and also of just deploying the xml
context descriptor with the docBase pointing to my build directory,
just in case I preferred to keep it outside tomcat/webapps. But I'm
asking about the way to deploy the app via the deploy ant task because
it seems to be the recommended practice (according to
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/appdev/index.html). So I'm not
sure if that document is wrong regarding this task, or if it's
outdated, or if I'm misunderstanding it  (I mean, perhaps it doesn't
really imply that the app won't be copied to webapps, but then how do
you explain this affirmations?:
# This action (depploy) does not require Tomcat 5 to be restarted, but
it is also not remembered after Tomcat is restarted the next time.
# Tomcat will recognize changes in JSP pages automatically (after just
building the app, which copies modified jsps to the build directory)
).

Best regards,
Carlos