tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Pita" <carlosjosep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploy from ant
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 21:20:04 GMT
> Why not just drop in the new war file created from the ant war task?
> Tomcat will reload the app automatically.

Copy the entire app war, explode it, deploy it (and of course
recompile the requested jsp),
all that just to check, say, that a typo in the view was corrected or
that some cell contents are now correctly aligned?

> On a half-way fast pc it  will last 10 seconds (depending on the size of
> the webapp of course,

That's just about what it last on my pc. It seems overkilling for
checking tiny changes in jsps to me.

Anyway, the documentation I referred from my previous post seems to
suggest that the task is able to deploy the app without copying it
(not to mention without "waring" it).

Best regards,
Carlos