tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yiannis Mavroukakis" <yian...@jaguarfreight.com>
Subject RE: Embedded Tomcat and application communication
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 07:11:50 GMT
Hi Chris,

The scenario is a server daemon that has a cli for runtime configuration and status.
I intend to use embedded tomcat to replace/augment that cli and I have actually done
so succesfully, using RMI but I was wondering whether there was some other solution that allows
Tomcat to communicate with the application it's embedded into.

Y.

	Yiannis Mavroukakis wrote:
	> Hello,
	>
	> I have the following scenario. I wish to integrate tomcat into an
	> existing server application , so that a webapp can send configuration
	> commands and query that application's status . Browsing through the
	> list, the most definitive answer I have seen is to use RMI. Is there
	> another path to accomplish this or is RMI the only solution?

	Can you clarify what you are trying to do? It's not clear to me that
	your scenario requires the use of embedded Tomcat.

	- -chris

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient. Jaguar Freight Services and any of its subsidiaries
each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized
to state them to be the views of any such entity.
This e-mail has been scanned for all known viruses.