tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Andy.Scherzin...@sdm.de>
Subject AW: AW: Tomcat 5.5 Cluster: Session Replication before sending the response
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:57:44 GMT
Hi Filip,

I understand that I will just change the session in a way the delta manager will replicate
everything.
But is there no other Manager I can use which just replicates the complete session and not
just the changed data (like the DeltaManager does)?!

I couldn't find a Manager which replicates everything. Is there one?

Thanks in advance!

Andy

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Filip Hanik - Dev Lists [mailto:devlists@hanik.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. Januar 2007 15:35
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Re: AW: Tomcat 5.5 Cluster: Session Replication before sending the response

even with this method, you are not managing the sessions, you're just making sure that everything
gets replicated, so doing this, you are not changing the session manager.
remember, the code below would be inserted into a filter or a valve

Filip

wrote:
> Hi Filip,
>
> Thanks for your answer. I also thought about this solution of just setting all objects
again at the end of the doGet method.
> But if possible I would like to use a tomcat replication mechanism
> since I do not want to "manage" session since I have a tomcat-built-in
> session manager :)
>
> Andy
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

session before the response is send. According to the Tomcat Clustering documentation the
example with the DeltaManager does this since the ReplicationValve triggers the replication
after the request has been processed and before the response is sent.

>> Unfortunately the DeltaManager only replicates the changed data. Only changes made
by using methods like setAttribute make changes visible to the DeltaManager and changes made
to the object (like changing one field value noch setAttribute-call) do not.
>> Thus I would need to change the way these objects are handled in the application.
So I thought it would be the easiest way to just replicate the complete session instead of
changes only. Is this possible?

>> JavaDoc of org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager:
>> "Standard implementation of the Manager interface that provides simple session persistence
across restarts of this component (such as when the entire server is shut down and restarted,
or when a particular web application is reloaded."

>> This sounds like the session is only replicated when the server ist shutdown/restarted/app
reloaded. It also doesn't specify what is replicated - the complete session?