tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Andy.Scherzin...@sdm.de>
Subject AW: Tomcat 5.5 Cluster: Session Replication before sending the response
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:01:18 GMT
Hi Filip,

Thanks for your answer. I also thought about this solution of just setting all objects again
at the end of the doGet method.
But if possible I would like to use a tomcat replication mechanism since I do not want to
"manage" session since I have a tomcat-built-in session manager :)

Andy

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Filip Hanik - Dev Lists [mailto:devlists@hanik.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. Januar 2007 16:52
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Re: Tomcat 5.5 Cluster: Session Replication before sending the response

to achieve what you want, although slower, you can create a filter, and in that filter simply
set all the attributes again

Enumeration e = session.getAttributeNames(); while ( e.hasNext() ) {
  String name = e.next();
  Object value = session.getAttribute(name);
  if ( value != null ) session.setAttribute(name,value); }

you get the point :)

Filip

Andy.Scherzinger@sdm.de wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a Tomcat 5.5 cluster with 2 nodes on SLES8 and want to replicate the complete
session before the response is send. According to the Tomcat Clustering documentation the
example with the DeltaManager does this since the ReplicationValve triggers the replication
after the request has been processed and before the response is sent.

> Unfortunately the DeltaManager only replicates the changed data. Only changes made by
using methods like setAttribute make changes visible to the DeltaManager and changes made
to the object (like changing one field value noch setAttribute-call) do not.
> Thus I would need to change the way these objects are handled in the application. So
I thought it would be the easiest way to just replicate the complete session instead of changes
only. Is this possible?

> JavaDoc of org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager:
> "Standard implementation of the Manager interface that provides simple session persistence
across restarts of this component (such as when the entire server is shut down and restarted,
or when a particular web application is reloaded."

> This sounds like the session is only replicated when the server ist shutdown/restarted/app
reloaded. It also doesn't specify what is replicated - the complete session?