tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 Cluster: Session Replication before sending the response
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:38:06 GMT
Hi everybody,

I have a Tomcat 5.5 cluster with 2 nodes on SLES8 and want to replicate the complete session
before the response is send. According to the Tomcat Clustering documentation the example
with the DeltaManager does this since the ReplicationValve triggers the replication after
the request has been processed and before the response is sent.

Unfortunately the DeltaManager only replicates the changed data. Only changes made by using
methods like setAttribute make changes visible to the DeltaManager and changes made to the
object (like changing one field value noch setAttribute-call) do not.
Thus I would need to change the way these objects are handled in the application. So I thought
it would be the easiest way to just replicate the complete session instead of changes only.
Is this possible?

JavaDoc of org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager:
"Standard implementation of the Manager interface that provides simple session persistence
across restarts of this component (such as when the entire server is shut down and restarted,
or when a particular web application is reloaded."

This sounds like the session is only replicated when the server ist shutdown/restarted/app
reloaded. It also doesn't specify what is replicated - the complete session?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: