tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Narayanaswamy, Mohan" <Mohan.Narayanasw...@in.standardchartered.com>
Subject RE: How to disable default servlet?
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 06:55:08 GMT

I have removed the entry, but I am just getting 404 error alone for
dynamic and static request.

Regards,
Mohan

-----Original Message-----
From: Hassan Schroeder [mailto:hassan.schroeder@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 12:16 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How to disable default servlet?

On 1/8/07, Narayanaswamy, Mohan
<Mohan.Narayanaswamy@in.standardchartered.com> wrote:

> I need to disable default servlet to restrict serving the static
pages.

> We use shared Apache+Tomcat, We need apache to serve static and tomcat

> for dynamic, By no way tomcat should provide static resources.

If you've configured Apache httpd properly, Tomcat won't get any such
requests, eh? :-)

But you can also look at $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml for the default
servlet's servlet-mapping...

HTH,

This email is confidential. If you are not the addressee tell the sender immediately and destroy
this email
without using, sending or storing it. Emails are not secure and may suffer errors, viruses,
delay,
interception and amendment. Standard Chartered PLC and subsidiaries ("SCGroup") do not accept
liability for
damage caused by this email and may monitor email traffic.