tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pete <pwkp...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: XML Parse problem in a webapp context.xml
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2007 05:25:58 GMT
No problem Mark.

I suspected the error was just some message inconsistency. It was a bit confusing at first,
but determined it wasn't that file via trial and error. (And a little snooping in the code.)

There is a partial stack trace in the original message ( cut the middle out), but I can get
the complete one for you on Monday.

-P

----- Original Message ----
From: Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 2:16:25 PM
Subject: Re: XML Parse problem in a webapp context.xml

Pete wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I stated in the original message that the conf/web.xml is unmodified and the problem
only happens with certain contents in the META-INF/context.xml after it gets moved from the
app into conf/Catalina/localhost directory.

> -P

Sorry - my bad. I should have read your post more carefully.

I have had a look at the source and the reference to conf/web.xml is
caused by a bug. It is the context.xml that is having the problem.
I'll get this fixed.

Is the stack trace you posted with your original message all you have?
It looks like you might have left some bits out. A more complete stack
trace, if available, might help track this down.

Mark