tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving Tomcat
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:41:51 GMT
On 1/3/07, Steve Ingraham <singraham@okcca.net> wrote:

> ..... I am looking to copy everything in the /usr/local/src directory.
> So far I have not been able to see where anything associated with our
> website resides outside the /src directory.  So, if that turns out to be
> the case could I be confident that everything for the website resides
> inside the /usr/local/src directory?

The running instance of Tomcat indicates that it's in /usr/local/tomcat,
not /usr/local/src/...

     -Dcatalina.home=/usr/local/tomcat

> Mikolaj also mentioned JRE/JDK.  Hassan mentioned that there could be a
> startup script in /etc/init.d that may nave information on where the
> JRE/JDK is.  There is not a startup script.  I have to manually startup
> tomcat whenever this server is rebooted.

That's, mmm, wierd. And awkward. :-) Is that a policy thing, or just
something no one's ever fixed?

> What is the "/usr/local/java/. . ." referring to?  Is this needed for the
> website?

Absolutely; that's the JDK referred to above. `java -version` will tell
you which one; if it's 1.5.something you may want to just download and
install the latest 1.5.x, rather than just copy.