tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Cooper <alan.coo...@lumison.net>
Subject Tomcat not reading context path directive
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:43:15 GMT
HI there,

I'm running Tomcat 5.5.12 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux stock packages).

I am trying to set a Context path directive for /ejava/appname

Tomcat is ignoring the Context path and instead taking the context from
the xml file name (so it's reading the file and the docBase directive).
The servlet is served, just not from the desired context.  I am setting
the context up in /etc/tomcat5/Catalina/localhost/bield.xml.

My xml file looks like:

<!--

    Context configuration file for the Bield  Web App

    $Id: bield.xml,v 1.3 2007/01/26 10:03:34 remm Exp $

-->

<Context docBase="/home/bield/live/ejava/" path="/ejava/bield"
override="true"
         privileged="true" antiResourceLocking="false"
antiJARLocking="false">

  <ResourceLink name="users" global="UserDatabase"
                type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"/>

</Context>

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?