tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: mod_jk replacement?
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:52:19 GMT

JNeuhoff wrote:
> Hmm, this might be a good reason to upgrade to Apache 2.2.x then. Currently,
> the mod_jk 1.2.20 in conjunction with Apache 2.0.59 is not suitable for a
> production system running Windows 2003, and unfortunately we don't have
> sysadmins for Linux or Unix, hence I am stuck with Windows 2003 as the
> server OS.

Not to be too much of a troll, but isn't the Windows part of this setup
the part that makes it shaky for production? All of the Windows
sysadmins that I have known personally always needed rolling-reboot
policies on their servers just to keep them from crashing. Do you
experience anything like that?

> Has anybody been successfully running Apache 2.2.x with the mod_proxy_ajp on,
> a production Windows 2003 server?

If you are going to upgrade to Apache httpd 2.2, it might be worth
re-trying your mod_jk tests to see if anything has changed. (Sorry if
this suggestion doesn't make any sense at all... I hadn't been closely
following your memory leak thread.)

- -chris
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -