tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>
Subject Re: server.xml
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:32:11 GMT
En l'instant précis du 01/18/07 15:22, mzelenkovska@bluewin.ch
s'exprimait en ces termes:
> Hi,
>
> Just recently I have installed tomcat and I still cannot make my
> pages available.
>

> I have a test file put in my webapps folder that
>
> 1. works fine when called from the server machine with the link
> localhost:8080\test\test.html
> 2. but http://www2.myhostmz.org/test/test.html shows page not
> found
>
> The 1. is indeed discussing with your tomcat web application, but considering you didn't
specify the 8080 port in 2, i bet your are not discussing with tomcat but with your web server
(apache, IIS, whatsoever is runing on the default http port, which is not tomcat). For information,
the default error pages in tomcat contains the string "Apache Tomcat/x.y.z" where x.y.z is
apache version number,

Suggestion:
try

http://www2.myhostmz.org:8080/test/test.html