tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mladen.t...@jboss.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 and x64 Windows
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:01:09 GMT
Darren Kukulka wrote:
> Mladen,
>
> The binary versions you mentioned are the same ones I have already
> tried.
>
> 2 questions;
>
> - how do you install the Tomcat service manually?  I install Tomcat
> using the binary download, i.e. apache-tomcat-5.5.20.exe which does not
> give you the option of NOT installing the Tomcat service.
> - I'm not sure what you mean by running the install.bat.  As mentioned I
> install using the exe.

.exe installer is 32 bit so it'll probably install as WOW64
(WindowsOnWindows64)

Unistall the Tomcat.
download apache-tomcat-5.5.20.zip and unpack to <install dir>
of your choice.

put tomcat5.exe.amd64 as tomcat5.exe inside <install dir>\bin
put tomcat5w.exe.amd64 as tomcat5w.exe inside <install dir>\bin

open cmd.exe (be sure it's 64 bit so, 'Start->run-cmd')
cd to the <install dir>\bin
 > service install

That's is :)

Regards,