tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: Date format
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:50:10 GMT
David,

do you mean the date format in your SQL changes?

That's hardly a Tomcat issue. I guess that the webapplication relies on
the default locale to format Dates (that's why you have to set
LC_CTYPE). Unfortunately the default locale is stored in a static
variable and can (apparently is) changed at runtime.
Please file a bug report to the devlopers of that webapp. DB code should
not rely on the default locale.

Ortwin

David Rodríguez Fernández wrote:
> Hi list.
>
> I have a Tomcat production environment, with Oracle as database backend. We
> work in spanish, and our date format is dd/mm/yyyy. When Tomcat is recently
> started, all work fine, but after some hours (maybe days) of working, the
> format of dates change to the english format mm/dd/yyyy and the webapps
> don't work. This work again when i restart tomcat.
>
> My java version is 1.5.0_06
>
> And tomcat: apache-tomcat-5.5.15
>
> When I start tomcat, i have the environment: LC_CTYPE=es_ES.UTF-8
>
> Thanks in advice and sorry for my bad english.
>

> (Sorry, i have send the same in response in error)

> La Información incluida en el presente correo electrónico es SECRETO
> PROFESIONAL Y CONFIDENCIAL, siendo para el uso exclusivo del
> destinatario arriba mencionado. Si usted lee este mensaje y no es el
> destinatario señalado, el empleado o el agente responsable de entregar
> el mensaje al destinatario, o ha recibido esta comunicación por error,
> le informamos que esta totalmente prohibida cualquier divulgación,
> distribución o reproducción de esta comunicación, y le rogamos que nos
> lo notifique inmediatamente y nos devuelva el mensaje original a la
> dirección arriba mencionada.
>
> Gracias.
>
> The information contained in this e-mail is LEGALLY PRIVILEDGED AND
> CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the addressee named
> above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or
> the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
> intended recipient, or you have received this communication in error,
> please be aware that any dissemination, distribution or duplication of
> this communication is strictly prohibited, and please notify us
> immediately and return the original message to us at the address above.
>
> Thank you.

[web]  http://www.odi.ch/
[blog] http://www.odi.ch/weblog/
[pgp]  key 0x81CF3416