tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mladen.t...@jboss.com>
Subject Re: Can APR use verisign certs ?
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 15:43:30 GMT
robert lazarski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using apr 1.1.3 with tomcat 5.5.18 and openssl . During my
> research I noticed that self-signed certs seem to work , but I'm in
> doubt if pay type $$$ certs from verisign will work. We've submitted
> our csr to verisign , and if I understand correctly we need to use the
> crt from versign with apr / tomcat / ssl . Can anyone shed some light
> on this ?

The sole distinction between self-signed and verifed certificates
is client dependent only. If the server certificate is not signed
by the one the web browser trusts it will give you the message
box with that notice.

So if your self-signed works, the verisign-signed will work
as well. Its completely irrelevant to OpenSSL.

Regards,
Mladen.