tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Arnaud MERGEY <amer...@sunopsis.com>
Subject Re: something wrong creating datasource after war deployement
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 12:05:11 GMT
Thanks for reply, my db is Oracle 9i
The problem isn't a security or driver problem, I have tested also in
the same tomcat, in webapps:
- Cpying the unpacked version only, modify context and web.xml, all
works perfectly.
- Removing in the same tomcat the application, copying the war file and
modify context.xml and web.xml in the unpacked directory, I have the

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot
create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

- Removing the war and copying the unpacked version only, modify context
and web.xml, all works perfectly.

I have tested tomcat 5.5.20 5.5.17 many times and on several tomcat
instance, I have always the same behavior.

In my case using war deployment prevent me to update manually
context.xml to add datasource. I need to use admin webapp or to copy
unpacked directory, not  the war himself.

Arnaud