tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Standards Complaint Browser Campaign
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 16:22:22 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:
> No question. All my apps from the last few years use reasonably recent
> standards such as CSS and XHTML. Most old browsers render XHTML just
> fine, and sadly CSS isn't perfect across "compliant" browsers even
> today. But if you're using NN 4, it's just time to upgrade, dude ;)

My dad started using a computer I'd say maybe 5 years ago... still
doesn't do much except surf the web and manipulate photos (he's actually
gotten really good at that)  He has this annoying habit of only running
Windows 95 and Netscape *3*!  I just can't convince the man to switch to
anything else!  Trying to get to anything on his computer is as
frustrating as can be: 500 error popups, partially rendered pages at
best, etc. (oh yeah, and after he installs Windows, he has a mental
checklist of all sort of things to remove... he's always bragging "yep,
I got Windows down to 2Mb", or whatever size it is, I don't really
remember, but a very small install is the point)

Frank

> - -chris

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect