tomcat-users mailing list archives

From cifroes <cifr...@netcabo.pt>
Subject Re: timestamp of tomcat startup?
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 01:56:20 GMT
Jacob Rhoden wrote:
> I think either a LifecycleListener or ServletContextListener is what
> you want, you can detect tomcat startup/shutdown and/or application
> startup/shutdown
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache/catalina/LifecycleListener.html

> "Let's write a simple application lifecycle event listener that writes
> a message to the console of the server when the web application is
> ready to accept requests and when it is going to be removed. Listing 1
> shows the code for a simple application event listener class."
> http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/04/12/listeners.html?page=2
I'll be using a ServletContextListener, for what I understand the
timestamp will mark the beginning of the app. As I'm using Axis on top
of tomcat, the timestamp is even better: it gives me the time when Axis
is loaded. Tomcat should be ready when that timestamp is printed.

Many Thanks for all the help Jacob, Leon and Charles!

-- cifroes