tomcat-users mailing list archives

From cifroes <cifr...@netcabo.pt>
Subject Re: timestamp of tomcat startup?
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 01:06:47 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Jacob Rhoden [mailto:jacob@rhoden.id.au]
>> Subject: Re: timestamp of tomcat startup?
>>
>> I am no expert, but I thought there was a thing called
>> a LifecycleListener where server.xml can be configured
>> to call some java code upon startup of tomcat, this
>> would do what you want yes?
>>

> Yes, that's what Leon suggested.  Whether or not it's sufficient depends
> at least somewhat on the degree of accuracy desired by the OP.  He
> didn't really tell us what the actual requirements were.
>
>  - Chuck

What I really want is for that catalina.out message to have a timestamp :)
But I don't want to recompile tomcat so maybe I can live if tomcat
starts anything JUST after it starts [even if there are no requests]

Does tomcat really starts that context listener just after tomcat starts
or only when it receives a request?