tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Rhoden <ja...@rhoden.id.au>
Subject Re: timestamp of tomcat startup?
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 00:29:31 GMT
I think either a LifecycleListener or ServletContextListener is what you
want, you can detect tomcat startup/shutdown and/or application
startup/shutdown

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache/catalina/LifecycleListener.html

"Let's write a simple application lifecycle event listener that writes a
message to the console of the server when the web application is ready
to accept requests and when it is going to be removed. Listing 1 shows
the code for a simple application event listener class."
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/04/12/listeners.html?page=2