tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Rhoden <ja...@rhoden.id.au>
Subject Re: Problem setting server.xml <host> <context> field.
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 05:27:16 GMT

>> I would like to use virtual hosts so that:
>> mainserver.com:8080/Application1/index.jsp maps to fish.com/index.jsp
>> mainserver.com:8080/Application2/index.jsp maps to apple.com/index.jsp

Thanks for your patience, I have one final question I think, Based on
both apple.com and fish.com with paths:
/usr/local/webapps
/usr/local/webapps2

Each domain is now successfully serving its own apps in the equivalent
directory and each app has its own META-INF/Context.xml

My question now however is, the manager to manage deployment of war
files seems only to work for the first <Host> container with directory
/usr/local/webapps. How do I make it work for both? Do I have to load
two copies of the manager somehow? (I dont have much memory on this machine)

ie http://fish.com/manager/html/ works but not http://apple.com/manager/html

Thanks,
Jacob