tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Rhoden <ja...@rhoden.id.au>
Subject Problem setting server.xml <host> <context> field.
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 01:19:47 GMT
Hi Guys,

I am new to all this so it could be a stupid question. In my server.xml
I have setup a second <host> entry, to enable mapping of a particuar
application to a virtual host in apache (via mod_jk2). The following
seems to work ok, except or a possible bug:

      <Host name="fish.org" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true">
                 directory="logs"  prefix="virtual_log." suffix=".txt"
timestamp="true"/>
        <Context path="" docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/FishApp"
debug="0" reloadable="true"/>
      </Host>

The docbase is set to the path to the application i wish to see in my
virtual host container. This works when i startup tomcat. However if i
undeploy/redeploy the application within the tomcat manager, it no
longer works. Its as if the Host entry stops working or disapears when
you undeploy, never to return again. Has anyone had this problem? How do
you fix it?

Best Regards,
Jacob