tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: mod_jk.dll Support
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 07:43:53 GMT
The tomcat connectors exist as a plugin for various web servers (Apache
httpd 1.3, 2.0, 2.2, IIS and Sun). Depending on the web server you use,
you have to download the appropriate file.

All variants are in the directory

http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win32/jk-1.2.20/

At the bottom of the directory index view, there is an explanation,
which file you will need:

     * mod_jk-apache-1.3.37.so is for Apache 1.3.x. Rename to mod_jk.so
before putting it in your Apache/modules directory
     * mod_jk-apache-2.0.58.so is for Apache 2.0, and works with Apache
2.0.58 and later. Rename to mod_jk.so before putting it in your
Apache2/modules directory.
     * mod_jk-apache-2.2.3.so is for Apache 2.2, and works with Apache
2.2.3 and later. Rename to mod_jk.so before putting it in your
Apache2/modules directory.
     * isapi_redirect.dll is for IIS 5 and later Web Server.
     * nsapi_redirect.dll is for Sun ONE Web Server 6.1 and later
(formerly Netscape iPlanet).
     * jk_symbols.zip contans debug (.pdb) information for all modules.

Please note, that module files for Apache httpd traditionally have file
names ending in .so, not in .dll.

Regards,

Rainer Jung