tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Doe" <yrm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: from https to http?
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:25:17 GMT
Chris, Chuck:

    Thanks a lot by the explanation. Looks like Tomcat (or maybe the
"Servlet specification"?) needs a mechanism to switch from https to
http when this access is declared by a <security-constrains> otherwise
is forcing programmers to always use programatic security to made this
switch; anyway we get paid to do this stuff ;-)

   May be a "workarround" is to use the rewrite filter located at
http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

   Somebody is using it? is reliable?

Cheers!

- Pablo