tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Krishna Paparaju" <kpapar...@pillardata.com>
Subject Tomcat / DBCP / Oracle / Reconnect
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 02:35:01 GMT
Hi all,

      Need help on this. We are using Tomcat 5.5 with DBCP to reach
Oracle DB. When this DB goes down for an hour or so and comes back up
(like maintenance etc), Tomcat server is not able to connect back to DB
and the only way out is restarting the tomcat server.

I am trying to find is there anyway Tomcat can be configured to
reconnect back to DB once it is up. I know autoReconnect flag works for
mySQL. Is there any equivalent in Oracle/thin driver?

Appreciate your help.

Krishna

Krishna Prasad Paparaju| Senior Java Engineer, Global Application
Services (IT)

W.408.518.4341| M.408.332.3498|

 http://www.pillardata.com <http://www.pillardata.com/>