tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leon Rosenberg" <rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Securing Tomcat Article for Review
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:13:03 GMT
Hmm,

interesting reading.

Still, since you can guarantee that everything is in memory if you
customize your webapp, and apache httpd simply relies on the file
system cache which has it's own behaviour, not designed for your
webapp, a single filesystem "miss" will cost more time than you'll
ever win by maybe saving some system calls.

I also assume that a modern server will never reach its cpu limit
before reaching the bandwith limit by simply writing out data.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

regards
Leon