tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Víctor Fragoso" <stonedgori...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems with mod_jk apache
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:19:06 GMT
Hi there, I've been trying to configure my apache2 and tomcat5.5 in order to
work together. It works, when I point to http://mysite/index.jsp it works,
then I need
to use VirtualHost. I edited the vhosts file, and server.xml, and I got
this:

Forbidden

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.
------------------------------
Apache Server at stonedgorilla.net Port 80

#StonedGorilla.net VirtualHost

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerAdmin stonedgorilla@gmail.com
     DocumentRoot /var/lib/tomcat-5.5/webapps/stonedgorilla.net
     ServerName stonedgorilla.net
     ServerAlias www.stonedgorilla.net
     ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/stonedgorilla.net-error_log
     CustomLog /var/log/apache2/stonedgorilla.net-access_log common

     Alias / "/var/lib/tomcat-5.5/webapps/stonedgorilla.net/ROOT"

     <Directory "/var/lib/tomcat-5.5/webapps/stonedgorilla.net/ROOT">
        Options Indexes +FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
     </Directory>

     jkMount /*.jsp ajp13
     jkMount /servlet/* ajp13

      <Location "/stonedgorilla.net/WEB-INF">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all
      </Location>

</VirtualHost>

And my application in tomcat is working fine, I know that cuz' I pointed to
:8080 port and ask for it, and it worked. I set this in my server.xml

<Host name="stonedgorilla.net"
            appBase="/var/lib/tomcat-5.5/webapps/stonedgorilla.net/"
            autoDeploy="true">
        <Alias>www.stonedgorilla.net</Alias>
        <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
                  directoryName="public_html"
                  userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.PasswdUserDatabase
"/>
      </Host>

I hope to hear from u soon, Thanks!
--