tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "ICT Department" <...@stedwards.co.uk>
Subject FW: IE Issues with JSPWiki & JCIFS!!
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:46:23 GMT

OK this is going to sound silly but, where do I change the Tomcat startup
script? Is it the web.xml file in the "conf" folder?
Also, I am using the latest version..jcifs1.2.13! This should be ok,
shouldn't it?

Regards

Chris
ICT Department
St. Edward's School
Cheltenham, UK

-----Original Message-----
From: David Delbecq [mailto:delbd@oma.be]
Sent: 30 January 2007 12:02
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: IE Issues with JSPWiki & JCIFS!!

Looks like a JCIFS problem, not a tomcat one. The code page 850 encoding is
only supported on some windows based JVM. Unfortunately, if your client
(internet explorer) wants to speak cp850, it's problematic as cp850 is not a
character encoding jvm are mandated to support. However, browsing a bit
google: cp850 JCIFS, it seems a solution is to define a property

jcifs.encoding

to something that is nearly compatible with cp850, the US-ASCII

Also, you might try to ensure you use the latest version of jcifs. Seems
they added some code in 1.2.10b to switch from cp850 to US-ASCII in case
cp850 is not supported by jvm.//

try to add, in tomcat startup script, a JAVA_OPTS=-Djcifs.encoding=US-ASCII
En l'instant précis du 01/25/07 17:50, ICT Department s'exprimait en ces
termes: