tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <mailing-tomcat-u...@schoenhaber.de>
Subject Re: SSL Configuration works but half the way + logs
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:41:53 GMT
Jose Rafael Romero Miret wrote:
> I configured tomcat as standalone server and now i want to configure
> ssl. I did that as the book I have said and also like the documentation
> in the website tells me.
>
> after the configuration i get this:
>  http://localhost:443/ gives me tomcat website.
>  https://localhost:443/ gives me connected status in the browser with no
> result... it waits until some timeout gets up.
>
> My configuration:
>
> i'm using java sdk 1.6.0, Apache Tomcat/5.5.20 for windows and no, as
> far as I know I never installed Apache Portable Runtime Project just the
> tomcat  service installer.

You're propably wrong because ...

> keytool.exe -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keystore c:/keystore.key
> -keypass 123456 -storepass 123456 -keysize 2048
>
> <Connector
>         port="443" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75" algorithm="RSA"
>         enableLookups="true" disableUploadTimeout="true"
>         acceptCount="100" debug="4" scheme="https" secure="true"
>         clientAuth="want" sslProtocol="TLS"
> keystoreFile="c:/keystore.key" keystorePass="123456"/>
>
> I know i added a lot of small options that perhaps are not needed, but
> in the simpler way is not working anyway.
>
> Hope someone can help me on this, so far i've been trying to get it work
> for the past 2 days and it's fustrating.
>
> [catalina.2007-01-26]
>
> 26-ene-2007 11:33:27 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol init

... this clearly indicates that APR is being used.
The SSL configuration for APR is very different from the configuration of the
Base SSL Connector. Either move tcnative-1.dll out of the way or configure
the SSL Connector the APR way:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/apr.html#HTTPS

Regards
  mks