tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Satya Narayan <ndsa...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Classpath Issue
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:56:31 GMT
Sunnet,

Cheers,
Satya

----- Original Message ----
From: Suneet Shah <suneetshah2000@gmail.com>
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Sent: Friday, 19 January, 2007 8:58:50 AM
Subject: Classpath Issue

Hello,

I am working in creating a proxy that will run in Tomcat 5.5. I have  the
module registered in the server.xml.  The module needs to communicate with
some ejbs running on Websphere 6.1.  I placed the necessary IBM jar files in
the tomcat/common/lib directory. On a a windows box, it works fine. However,
on Solaris, I keep getting NoClassDefFound errors even though I have
confirmed that the classes are in the jars.

I think you have placed it in the proper place. I am not really sure of its failure in Solaris
if it worked in Windows. The classloader of tomcat should be OS independent.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this? or should I place the files
elsewhere to include them in the classpath?

I suggest you increase the debug level and see the way it is loaded and where exactly it is
throwing this issue. Also, what is the mode of comm between TC and WS. Is it JMS/RMI or some
other mechanism??

Thanks in advance.
Suneet

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/