tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vacuum Joe <vacuum...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Embedding Tomcat in a standalone JAR
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:43:51 GMT
"what/which tasks do you want this embedded tomcat to accomplish?"

Very simple tasks!  I have a few Servlets and a few simple JSPs and a little bit of static
content (html files and images) that I need it to run.  No other external things, like no
DB or anything else.  No need for any other fancy features.  Really it's just to host some
example JSPs on a local server.  Right now I'm looking into Jetty, which looks like it can
run a war file from the command line.  I might be able to modify that to use the same jar
for the server classes AND the web app files.  But I've never used Jetty for anything, and
I would prefer to stay with familiar territory, namely Tomcat.

Any ideas would be appreciated.