tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Vijay Hatewar" <vijay_hate...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: I have deployed build , using root user ,
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:15:25 GMT
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregor Schneider [mailto:rc46fi@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 2:32 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: I have deployed build , using root user ,

well, the first thing I'd try (assuming tomcat is run as user "tomcat"
and user "tomcat" belongs to group "tomcat":

- logon as root
- stop tomcat
- assuming tomcat-directory in /home/tomcat:

chown -R tomcat:tomcat /home/tomcat

su tomcat

rm /home/tomcat/webapps/YOURAPP.WAR
rm -rf /home/tomcat/webapps/YOURAPP

restart tomcat (still as user tomcat!)
re-deploy your app (still as user tomcat)

if the tomcat-home-directory on your machine is different, change the
above statements accordingly. if the tomcat-user is different from
user "tomcat", change above statements accordingly. if user "tomcat"
belongs to a different group than "tomcat", change above statements
accordingly.

maybe you'd like to ask a colleque to help who knows his ways within
unix / linux.

cheers

greg
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2

DISCLAIMER
Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain,
copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd.
does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.