tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lee Crawford" <crawf...@twofish.com>
Subject Re: How can JSPs be part of an integrated component?
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:59:59 GMT
It's not the web.xml that's specific to Tomcat, it's the compiled JSP
classes (to be frank other JSP compilers might select totally different
filenames rendering the web.xml specific to Tomcat too).

Have a look at the .class files that are in the catalina-admin.jar. The
classes look like:

package admin;

public final class banner_jsp
  extends org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase
   implements org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspSourceDependent
{
    private static java.util.Vector _jspx_dependants;
    private org.apache.jasper.runtime.TagHandlerPool
_jspx_tagPool_html_html_locale;

I'm going to have a look at what changes would be required to serve jsp's
directly from jars in the web-inf directory to solve my problem. Container
specific .war files doesn't seem the way to go.

Thanks.

--lee