tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lee Crawford" <crawf...@weaselworks.com>
Subject How can JSPs be part of an integrated component?
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 23:48:36 GMT
I'm trying to figure out how a servlet running in the Tomcat container can
access jsp's that are included as part of a jar that has been installed in
the WEB-INF/lib directory? Obviously they can't be accessed from the outside
via URI's but I was hoping that they could be accessed from the
RequestDispatcher, etc. via some path (e.g., /WEB-INF/lib/a.jar!b.jsp,
etc.).

To give more context, I have a framework that I'm using to build a web-app
and the framework itself has JSPs to contribute to the application (admin
pages). Obviously, I can just extract the files and copy it into the
namespace of the web-app itself but was hoping to avoid that.

--lee