tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wang Penghui <wangpeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: appBase & docBase in <Host> element in server.xml
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 03:06:15 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R 写道:
>> From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Wang Penghui
>> Subject: appBase & docBase in <Host> element in server.xml
>>
>> <Context path="" docBase="" reloadable="true" debug="0"/>
>> <Context path="" docBase="" reloadable="true" debug="0"/>
>
> An empty docBase is never correct - if it "works", it's just dumb luck.
>
>> 1. appbase = "/home/test/wwwroot" docbase = "".
>> and the default path of docbase should be appbase/ROOT
>
> The above is not correct due to the invalid docBase (and the spelling of
> appBase and docBase).
>
>> 2. appbase = "/home/test/wwwroot" docbase = "/home/test/wwwroot/ROOT"
>> the same as the above configuration
>
> Other than the spelling of appBase and docBase, the above will work.
> The docBase value could be simply "ROOT".
>
>> 3. appbase = "/home/test/wwwroot" docbase = "/home/test/wwwroot"
>> is it correct or workable? I have not tested it yet.
>
> It is never correct to have appBase and docBase the same.
>
>> 4. appbase = "webapps" docbase = "/home/test/wwwroot"
>> is it correct or workable?
>
> Maybe, but hard to tell without more context.

Thanks very much for your quick response.

And i got a question here, is the docBase must be a subdirectory in the
webapps? i saw it is the default structure of the example webapps which
builded in the tomcat installation.

Or Could you describe more details about the docBase and appBase stuff?

Thanks again.

Wang.