tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tsirkin Evgeny" <>
Subject Re: strange ssl tomcat response
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:36:58 GMT
I don't expect it to work .
I expect to return either 404 , 500 http status (maybe any other) or nothing
try this:
telnet 443
You will get a connection however NOTHING will be returned .
Now ,I am trying ssl connection to tomcat :
telnet myhost 8443
And getting the strange bits.
^U^C etc...
I don't think that is valid .So ,since i don't (currenttly) think that this
a tomcat problem - i think that this a problem in my setup,
i am trying to get help to fix it.
Basically that can be checked in a very simple manner:
try to setup ssl for a tomcat and then telnet to it (8443 port).
Do you get any response?
[1] If no that is problem in my configuration (and please help me correct it
I will resend it if needed),
[2] If yes that is a problem in tomcat.
I will be very thankfull if you could help me in this.
(I will try it myself when i got a machine to do it).
As for why did i do that on the first place:
I am trying to setup a production server and a bit worried about security.
Thanks for response .