tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Reynolds" <jim.jreyn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Host element question
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:34:43 GMT
Thanks for responses:
I did have a hosts file in my Drivers/etc so here it is. I added the 199.9.9.99
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

127.0.0.1       localhost
199.9.9.99   devSite

That is not of course the IP of my machine, I just made it up.

Then I updated my server.xml file like so:
             resourceName="UserDatabase" />

      <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps">

      </Host>

      <Host name="devSite" debug="0" appBase="/dev"
         unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
             <Context path="" docBase=""
                  debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true" />

       </Host>
    </Engine>

But when I hit [http://devSite], I get a timeout error?
 Any ideas? I also tried http://199.9.9.99 but nothing?