tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Renshaw <si...@benchmarkconsulting.com>
Subject Having trouble making Tomcat available from outside the network
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:18:57 GMT
Hi,

I installed Tomcat 5.5.12 on a CentOS 4.4 server. I used port 9090. Then
I installed Luntbuild on it. I can access it internally without
problems.

I created a rule in the firewall to forward port 9090 request to the
Linux server. Unfortunately, when trying to access the site from the
outside, I get a page not found error.

Since that didn't work, I tried with Tomcat 5.5.20 on Windows 2003. I
used port 9191 this time. Also added a rule for 9191. And I got the same
results.

As far as I know, the ports are open on each machine and there are no
software firewalls running.

Is there something I missed when I installed Tomcat?

Thanks!
Simon