tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Context problem in tomcat 5.5
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 15:36:35 GMT
servlet-mapping in web.xml?
an example for cgi located at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

HTH

M-
This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information
for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or
copying of it or its
contents
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rizwan Ahmad
  To: users@tomcat.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 6:00 AM
  Subject: Context problem in tomcat 5.5

  Hi,

  I am new to tomcat. I just installed tomcat 5.5 on my machine having windows XP platform.
I am trying to deploy a war file naming "samena.war" where samena is the context name. When
I startup tomcat it automatically unpacks war file but when I try to access my website using
http://localhost:8080/samena/ it says "The requested resource (/samena/) is not available."

  I also don't find any context name specified anywhere for http://localhost:8080/servlets-examples/
provided with the tomcat.

  I am also attaching my web.xml file so that it can help you in suggesting a solution to
me.

  Thanks in advance.

  Rizwan Ahmad