tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andres Cubides P." <andres_cubi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting session variables
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:38:59 GMT

Cristopher:

Thanks for the Firefox/cookies hint, it was very helpful to figure out the
problem. It was related with Internet Explorer. I was using IE, so I decided
to try Firefox to test the cookies configuration. In Firefox the app worked
perfectly. Searching again in the tomcat list archives I found that a
"patch" provided by Microsoft for IE 5.5 and 6.0 causes cookies to be
rejected from servers with non-alphanumeric characters, such as "_". The
server name with the problem has an "_", when I used the IP instead of the
name the session problems were resolved.

thanks,