tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: How can JSPs be part of an integrated component?
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 04:52:45 GMT
> From: lee.crawford@gmail.com [mailto:lee.crawford@gmail.com]
> Subject: How can JSPs be part of an integrated component?
>
> I'm trying to figure out how a servlet running in the Tomcat
> container can access jsp's that are included as part of a jar
> that has been installed in the WEB-INF/lib directory?

Take a look at Tomcat's admin app - it uses pre-compiled JSPs, which are
then jar'd together and are accessible as regular servlet classes.

> Obviously they can't be accessed from the outside via URI's

Actually, they can be with the appropriate servlet mapping in your
web.xml file.  Again, take a look at the config of the admin app.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.