tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: appBase & docBase in <Host> element in server.xml
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 03:19:38 GMT
> From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Wang Penghui
> Subject: Re: appBase & docBase in <Host> element in server.xml
>
> And i got a question here, is the docBase must be a
> subdirectory in the webapps?

No - for examples of where the specified docBase is not a subdirectory
of the appBase value, look at Tomcat's built-in manager and html-manager
apps (and admin if you have it installed).  Their <Context> elements are
in .xml files in conf/Catalina/localhost, but the apps themselves are in
server/webapps to separate them from a site's production apps (note that
Tomcat 6 no longer isolates them).

> Or Could you describe more details about the docBase and
> appBase stuff?

I think I already wrote this up for you in a different thread yesterday:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=116597308303297&w=2

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.