tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Webapp with Adminstrative Console
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 20:12:01 GMT
> From: chuanjiang lo [mailto:lochuanjiang@gmail.com]
> Subject: Webapp with Adminstrative Console
>
> I realize that if the config file is changed, i would
> need to restart Tomcat as such my servlet would read
> in the changed settings.

Rather than restarting Tomcat, why don't you have the servlet watch for
changes to the .ini file and reload it as needed?  Seems a bit of
overkill to take the whole server down for just that.  You could also
just redeploy the app when needed, which can be accomplished
programmatically or via the Tomcat manager or html-manager webapps.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.