tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Context problem in tomcat 5.5
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 15:18:08 GMT
> From: Rizwan Ahmad [mailto:rizwanrizi@gmail.com]
> Subject: Context problem in tomcat 5.5
>
> When I startup tomcat it automatically unpacks war
> file but when I try to access my website using
> http://localhost:8080/samena/ it says "The requested
> resource (/samena/) is not available."

Your web.xml file is missing <servlet-mapping> entries.  Look at the
servlet spec for definition and the various Tomcat web.xml files for
examples.

> I also don't find any context name specified anywhere for
> http://localhost:8080/servlets-examples/ provided with the
> tomcat.

The context name is determined by the name of the directory or .war file
the application is in.  In the above case, webapps/servlets-examples
automatically results in the above context.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.