tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Web spiders - disabling jsessionid
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:13:46 GMT
> From: Len Popp [mailto:len.popp@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Web spiders - disabling jsessionid
>
> On my site (as on many others) you can browse the site without a
> session, but if you want to log in (to add content or to use
> personalized settings) you need a session.

O.k., now I'm confused.

1) Sessions are not created unless logged in.

2) Bots don't like the session id they're given.

>From the above, I have to conclude the bots are logging in, which sounds
pretty ambitious, even for Google.  If the bots aren't logging in, then
they won't have a session, so there's no need to filter out what isn't
there.

What am I missing?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.