tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Asensio, Rodrigo" <rodrigo.asen...@gilbarco.com>
Subject invalid sessions
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:52:09 GMT
Hi guys, Im trying to reject users whose sessions was invalidated (in
purpose because a logout or timeout)
But I found that there is not logic combination in the session valid or
invalid methods.

Case 1
First request
Session.isNew()  TRUE
Request.isRequestedSessionIdValid() FALSE

We can say that this is ok because you are still not authenticated.

Case 2
Session timeout
Next request will be
Session.isNew() TRUE   because creates a new session
Request.isRequestedSessionIdValid() FALSE

The funny thing is if I request the session with create in false, it
always returns an object
Request.getSession(false) != null ALWAYS in this case.

I have no way to verify if the session was invalidated by a timeout.

I made a listener and put the invalid session in the DB but I have no
way to identify because
When a client comes back from a invalid session, it creates a new one.

Do you know any way ?

Thanks
Rodrigo

Rodrigo Asensio