tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Milbratz" <bmilbr...@outstart.com>
Subject problem: tomcat build fails. No 'execute()' method on jspc
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2006 16:29:21 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to build tomcat 5.5.028 from source. It fails on the
'build-webapps-precompile' due to a jsp task.

I get this error:

build-webapps-precompile:

No public execute() in class org.apache.jasper.JspC

It looks like the build-process compiles "org.apache.jasper.JspC".  And
the source code includes this method:

    public void execute() throws JasperException {

I thought the problem lay in duplicate versions of this class in my
classpath. I have the same problem, however, when I remove
"ant-nodeps.jar" from my ${ANT_HOME}/lib. No other jars in the ANT
classpath include "org.apache.jasper.Jspc".

Unfortunately ANT doesn't tell me where it found "JspC" so I can verify
whether or not it "found" the right class.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill m