tomcat-users mailing list archives

From brycenesbitt <bry...@obviously.com>
Subject RE: Web spiders - disabling jsessionid
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 08:18:34 GMT

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

> Try turning off cookies in your browser.

Sorry for the lack of clarity.  I can't force jessionid to show up even with
cookies off in the browser.

Using wget from the unix command line (no cookies!) I get a jsessionid for
images:
/images/logo.gif;jsessionid=C09497FCD52DC8B5A09FAA23F999FB2A

But not for links:
/aboutus.do

And those pesky jsessionid's keep showing up in my logs -- with the
attendent misinterpretation by Alexa and Exalead.  Google seems a bit less
stupid about them, but still crawls the same pages over and over with
different cached and stale session ID's.